As a registered training organisation (RTO), you are required to comply with ASQA’s record-keeping requirements. But why are these requirements so important?
ASQA’s record-keeping requirements are designed to protect the quality of vocational education and training (VET) in Australia. By complying with these requirements, you can help to:
- Demonstrate your RTO’s compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Support ASQA’s risk-based approach to regulation
- Improve the quality of your RTO’s operations
- Protect the reputation of your RTO and the VET sector as a whole
In this blog, we will discuss ASQA’s record-keeping requirements in detail. We will cover the following topics:
- The data provision requirements outlined in Standard 7, Clause 7.5
- The data provision requirements outlined in Standard 8, Clauses 8.1-8.2
- How to comply with ASQA’s record-keeping requirements
- A roadmap for complying with ASQA’s record-keeping requirements in 2024
This blog is a step to help all the RTOs get ready with ASQA’s record keeping requirements and also to help the founders and CEOs who are planning to open an RTO in 2024.
But first, we will go through when ASQA requires data from an RTO.